Tuesday, April 19, 2011

1st Doctor Appointment Scheduled

Yesterday I emailed my doctor, however I got a response back that she would be out of the office for 3 weeks, thankfully a nurse from the OB department called me and helped me schedule my first appointment. She also gave me lots of instructions on things I should and shouldn't be doing and helped me determine the due date.

She said the only pain medication I can take is Tylenol, in moderation. As far as my Flonase goes, I should only use it if I am having a big allergy attack and if I get a migraine, I should contact my primary doctor to let her know and she can probably prescribe something for it that won't harm the baby.

For the first appointment she said they usually like to wait until you are 8 to 10 weeks along. She asked for the date of the first day of my last period, which I told her was March 16th. She then figured out I am almost 5 weeks along...5 weeks....WOW....I thought I was only 3 weeks! LOL She also told me my estimated due date-December 21, 2011. Hard to believe we have a date for our baby to be born. We scheduled an appointment with Dr. Hicks up at Salmon Creek for May 9th. We can't wait to get our first picture!

As you can probably imagine, I am still finding it hard to believe that I am actually pregnant, probably because I am not sick and no one can see my tummy growing. Although this morning I had a bit of queasiness, which was not pleasant! And as far as my tummy goes, I can definitely tell it's changing. It seems like I cannot suck my stomach in anymore, just small things like that. And Raj said it feels harder. I am still having a bit of cramping in my tummy, but thankfully the nurse said that a small amount of cramping is perfectly normal. phew!

Yesterday, Raj and I went to Motherhood, a maternity store, to see about getting some work pants. My current pants fit, but they are already feeling tight on my stomach, and I'd prefer to be comfortable. And because I just got my clothing allowance for the year, I went ahead and ordered two pairs of pants and one pair of capri's. They are so comfortable! I can't wait till they come in the mail. Also, since I am having a lot of soreness in my breasts, especially at night, I think I will go and get a bra that I can sleep in. The book I am reading suggested women wear one to help with sagging and also with comfort, so I'll try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment